All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHelps you learn how to identify more than 450 rock and mineral specimens through stunning photographs and detailed characteristics. This guide to rocks, minerals, crystals and gemstones presents fascinating stories behind the world's natural treasures; from the Hope diamond to the Great Mogul emerald.
- Author BiographyOver a 40-year-career Ron Bonowitz has been a geologist, prospector, miner and gem cutter, in addition to working as a pilot and flying instructor. Still a collector, cutter and dealer in gems and minerals, he has written extensively on ancient history and mythology. Ron resides in Petersfield.
- Author(s)Ronald Bonewitz
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- GenreNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1250 g
- Width189 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine30 mm
Most relevant reviews
- toya198026 Feb, 2016by
Fantastic book, beautifully compiled and visually appealing.
Fantastic book, filled with detailed information and very attractive visually. Also makes a great gift for rock, gemstone and crystal lovers!
- shortyboka12129...24 Oct, 2011by
Great informative book!
Great book! Very informative! Is great for teaching your children, or take the book on a day out and create activities from the book eg. searching for different types of rocks on a beach etc.
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £15.98Trending at £17.15
- £23.48Trending at £24.33
- £13.79Trending at £18.99
- £20.52Trending at £20.96
- £19.26Trending at £25.94
- £3.95Trending at £5.66
- £8.82Trending at £12.37