All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeet Anthony Knivet: gentleman, baker, lover, linguist, explorer, Englishman. And an indispensable advisor to celebrated generals and Portuguese governors alike... not to mention the kings of several Brazilian tribes.
- Author BiographyLuke has plied a trade from writing for over a decade, often with a travel slant. Work has seen him landed in a variety of scrapes - almost toppling into a chasm on an Andean bus journey, almost drowning in the Amazon - not wholly unlike the somewhat reckless protagonist in his debut novel, Roebuck (set on the stormy seas and in the strange jungles of 16th-century South America).A Creative Writing graduate from the University of East Anglia, Luke has written for publications including the BBC, the Independent, the Telegraph, the Guardian and travel publishers Lonely Planet, for whom he currently specialises in telling the world about the Amazon Basin - present and past. One could infer from this that he is overly obsessed with rainforests - but the truth is that he likes hiking, anywhere - as long as it's in the middle of nowhere.Born in Southwest England, he currently lives in the mountainous forests of Slovakia. Why? That is another story...
- Author(s)Luke Waterson
- PublisherUrbane Publications
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUrbane Publications
- Content Note1
- Weight381 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £24.45Trending at £27.12
- £7.65Trending at £9.91
- £4.45Trending at £5.19
- £6.34Trending at £6.97
- £7.44Trending at £8.96
- £5.50Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.