Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £10.84Trending at £11.22
- £10.48Trending at £10.85
- £4.63Trending at £5.29
- £4.36Trending at £4.82
- £24.94Trending at £25.34
- £13.68Trending at £17.34
- £7.18Trending at £9.98
About this product
- PublisherSpringer Verlag
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintSpringer Verlag
- Content Notebiography
- Weight343 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byDavid A. Hood,Pierpaolo De Feo,Vilberto Stocchi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
- Table Of ContentsMetabolic Modifications and Physical Exercise.- Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of Skeletal Muscle Plasticity.- Physical Inactivity is the Main Cause of the Metabolic Syndrome.- Mitochondrial Biogenesis and Physical Exercise.- Exercise-Induced Mitochondrial Biogenesis in Skeletal Muscle.- Genetic Vs. Acquired Fitness: Cardiomyocyte Adaptations.- Molecular Modifications Induced by Physical Exercise: A Significant Role in Disease Prevention.- Physical Exercise and Oxidative Stress.- The Contribution of Reactive Oxygen Species in Sarcopenia and Muscle Aging.- Mitochondrial Alteration in Aging and Diseases.- Mitochondria: The Dark Side.- Mitochondrial Pathogenesis of Myopathies Due to Collagen VI Mutations.- Mitochondria in Cell Life and Death.- Nutrition, Physical Exercise and Obesity.- Evaluation of Nutritional State in Individuals that Practice Fitness.- Physical Exercise for the Prevention and Treatment of Obesity.- Physical Exercise - Health and Wellness: Sociological and Psychological Aspects.- Techniques for Assessing the Quality of Life with a Particular Emphasis on Physical Exercise.- Effects of Physical Exercise on the Quality of Life of Individuals with Diabetes and Obesity.- A Longitudinal Investigation of Physical Activity and Health Behaviors in Italian University Students.
- Author BiographyProf. Vilberto Stocchi is currently Full Professor of Biochemistry and Dean of the Faculty of Health and Physical Exercise at the University of Urbino. Furthermore Prof. Stocchi is the Director of the Center for the Study of Protein Biochemistry at the University of Urbino and of Institute of Research on Physical Activity. Currently he is involved in the Project CIPE - Improvement of the quality of the life of the elderly, of the Marche Region, through the use of methodologies and innovative equipments with particular reference to the physical activity; he is also working for the European Project 2004: European year of the Education through the Sport Program Education and sport: values without frontiers . The research activity of the Prof. Stocchi is documented by more then 200 papers published on international scientific reviews and by as many Conference participation.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.