All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832) is mainly known to the English-speaking world as the author of the poetic drama Faust . This book presents an introduction to one of the giants of European literature.
- Author BiographyMichael Hamburger is a poet and critic and the outstanding contemporary translator of German poetry into English. His many awards include the Schlegel-Tieck Prize (1981), the German Federal Republic's Goethe Medal (1986) and the European Translation Prize (1990). Michael Hamburger's 'Collected Poems 1941-1994' is also published by Anvil, as are his selections from the poetry of Holderlin, Rilke and Celan, and his seminal critical work on modern poetry, 'The Truth of Poetry'.
- Author(s)Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication14/11/1996
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitlePoetica
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 29
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight214 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Translated byMichael Hamburger
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.72Trending at £6.88
- £4.57Trending at £4.98
- £8.68Trending at £8.85
- £7.84Trending at £10.95
- £11.41Trending at £17.90
- £4.44Trending at £4.98
- £3.45Trending at £6.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.