All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explains the growth, durability and eventual shrinkage of Roman imperial power alongside the Roman state's internal power structures.
- Author BiographyWilliam V. Harris is William R. Shepherd Professor of History at Columbia University, New York. The author of War and Imperialism in Republican Rome (1985), Ancient Literacy (1989), Restraining Rage: The Ideology of Anger Control in Classical Antiquity (2002, winner of the Breasted Prize of the American Historical Association), Dreams and Experience in Classical Antiquity (2009) and Rome's Imperial Economy (2011), he has also edited books about ancient money, the ancient Mediterranean, and the spread of Christianity, among other subjects. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and a Corresponding Fellow of the British Academy, among other honours.
- Author(s)William V. Harris
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- GenreAncient History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note44 b/w illus. 7 maps
- Weight780 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.69Trending at £9.13
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £8.91Trending at £9.94
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
- £21.48Trending at £29.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.