CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £11.59Trending at £15.00
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £8.43Trending at £11.68
- £9.41Trending at £9.98
- £9.51Trending at £10.99
- £7.76Trending at £8.55
- £6.71Trending at £8.99
About this product
- DescriptionSet in a modern-day courtroom in New York during a week when there are Middle East peace talks being brokered in town. This humorous play is a courtroom farce which lampoons the American judicial system and exposes the hypocrisy surrounding personal prejudices and political correctness.
- Author BiographyDavid Mamet was born in Chicago in 1947. His first and many subsequent plays were first performed by the St Nicholas Theatre company, Chicago, of which he was a founding member and Artistic Director. In 1978 he became Associate Artistic Director of the Goodman Theatre, Chicago, where American Buffal o had been first staged in 1975, subsequently winning an Obie Award and opening on Broadway in 1977 and at the National Theatre in 1978. His greatest hits, Glengarry Glen Ross and Oleanna followed in 1983 and 1993 respectively. Other works by Mamet published by Methuen include David Mamet Collected Plays 1-4; American Buffalo; Sexual Perversity in Chicago; Duck Variations; A Life in the Theatre; E dmond; The Cryptogram; Reunion, The Woods; The Water Engine; Lakeboat; The Disappearance of the Jews; Speed-the-Plow; Three Uses of the Knife, and Dr. Faustus.
- Author(s)David Mamet
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/09/2005
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Weight72 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.