Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £7.99Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by xbiteworld
- See details for delivery est.
- £7.25+ Delivery
- Very Good condition
- Sold by sheilwar_uqwplav
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionROMANCING THE STONE is director Robert Zemeckis's first foray into the genre that made him famous--action-oriented comedies. Though novelist Joan Wilder (Kathleen Turner) can spin wild tales of passionate romance, she has no life of her own. Then one day adventure comes her way in the form of a mysterious package. The parcel is the ransom she'll need to free her abducted sister, so Joan flies to South America to hand it over. Only she gets on the wrong bus and winds up hopelessly stranded in the jungle--until she encounters Jack Colton (Michael Douglas), an adventurer who could have stepped straight out of one of her novels. Although Jack's good looks and intrepid moves dazzle her, Joan quickly sees Jack for the cheap opportunist that he is. But he's all she's got, so together they journey out of the jungle, battling mudslides, druglords, crazed treasure hunters--and each other. Along the way, Joan discovers she's tougher than she ever thought--tough enough to rescue her sister, and tough enough to fall in love with the troublesome Jack.<BR>JEWEL OF THE NILE, directed by Lewis Teague, presents the continuing adventures of Joan and Jack. In this entertaining sequel, Joan is kidnapped by a handsome Arab political leader, and it's up to Jack to rescue her. However, his efforts are further complicated by an angry former partner (Danny DeVito). Thrust back into a world of murder, chases, and foreign intrigue, the couple must face great odds to be reunited.
- Leading Role 1Michael Douglas
- Director 1Lewis Teague
- Leading Role 2Kathleen Turner
- Leading Role 3Danny De Vito
- Additional Roles byAlfonso Arau,Mary Ellen Trainor,Spiros Focas,Manuel Ojeda
- Director 2Robert Zemeckis
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2001
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesCzech,Danish,Finnish,Hebrew,Hungarian,Icelandic,Norwegian,Polish,Portuguese,Swedish
- Running Time202 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- iainspottyginge...22 Mar, 2017by
A good rip-off of "genuine" adventure movies.
Good to watch, though not by as young an audience as the Certificate suggests, beacuase of drink and drug abuse.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- cal270705 Mar, 2014by
good value for money
A great adventure story with just enough love interest to make for family viewing. good comedy interest as well.
- plsgivefeedback04 Nov, 2010by
If you've not seen either - recommended for adventure / humour / story. Well made and satisfying movies, need I say more?
- daizydoodoo11 Jul, 2010by
A little dated now, but plenty of action, and humour keeps rolling along at a good pace. Not too violent - a nice bit of escapism.
- vnol888810 Jun, 2010by
Brill! GreaT 1980s comedy, best acting trio in ages!!
1980s - the classic acting trio of Douglas, De Vito and Turner - amazing light hearted fun! Silly, romantic, cheesy, great soundtrack!
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £5.90Trending at £9.71
- £16.85Trending at £19.49
- £8.85Trending at £13.98
- £5.90Trending at £6.35
- £5.94Trending at £10.00
- £4.95Trending at £5.38
- £19.08Trending at £20.66