All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
About this product
- DescriptionObservers from the West, the book contends, have incorrectly projected rigid ethnocentric notions of love and marriage onto cultures around the world. Contributors look beyond each society's official institutions to explore expressions of love, offering new perspectives on arranged marriages and polygamy and reexaminging as well the other side of the equation: rejection and grief.
- Author BiographyWilliam Jankowiak is associate professor of anthropology at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication23/01/1997
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight436 g
- Edited byWilliam Jankowiak
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.