All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur thoughts are shaped as much by what things make of us as by what we make of them. The author explores the world of objects and phenomena in nature as expressed in romantic poetry alongside the theme of sentience and sensory deprivation in literature and art. She discusses about objects and attributes that test our perceptions.
- Author BiographyMary Jacobus is professor emerita of English at Cornell University and at the University of Cambridge, where she directed the Centre for Research in the Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities until 2011.
- Author(s)Mary Jacobus
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication20/03/2015
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note29 halftones
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.71Trending at £3.81
- £12.88Trending at £16.24
- £14.56Trending at £16.19
- £9.97Trending at £10.40
- £8.24Trending at £10.80
- £61.04Trending at £84.25
- £8.95Trending at £16.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.