All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £9.99Trending at £12.34
- £14.88Trending at £15.05
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.04Trending at £9.41
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe 'Saxon Shore' forts are among the most impressive surviving monuments of Roman Britain, although much about them remains a mystery. This book is concerned with the fundamental questions concerning the forts. Who built the military monuments, when, and why? How did they operate, who garrisoned them, and for how long?
- Author BiographyDr Nic Fields started his career as a biochemist before joining the Royal Marines. Having left the military, he went back to University and completed a BA and PhD in Ancient History at the University of Newcastle. He was Assistant Director at the British School at Athens, Greece, and then a lecturer in Ancient History at the University of Edinburgh. Nic is now a freelance author and researcher based in south-west France. The author lives in France.
- Author(s)Nic Fields
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/12/2006
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleFortress
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 56
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Donato Spedaliere
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.