Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.32
- £24.31Trending at £34.91
- £9.41Trending at £16.95
- £9.53Trending at £14.94
- £7.60Trending at £9.97
- £18.98Trending at £29.93
- £7.60Trending at £8.65
About this product
- Author(s)Robert Wuthnow
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication22/04/2016
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note23 halftones.
- Weight914 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction 1 Chapter 1 In Rough Country 14 Bringing Order to the New Frontier Chapter 2 For the Advance of Civilization 51 Institution Building and Moral Character Chapter 3 With Liberty of Conscience 88 Defining the Separation of Church and State Chapter 4 The Fundamentalist Belt 121 Coming to Terms with Science Chapter 5 From Judge Lynch to Jim Crow 154 Celebrating Limited Inclusion Chapter 6 A Load Too Heavy 196 Religion and the Debate over Government Relief Chapter 7 Moving onto the National Stage 225 Everything Is Big Chapter 8 Meanest, Dirtiest, Low-Down Stuff 269 The Politics of Tumult Chapter 9 Power to the People 303 Framing the Issues, Taking Sides Chapter 10 God Can Save Us 325 The Campaign for a Moral America Chapter 11 In a Compassionate Way 369 Connecting Faith and Politics Chapter 12 An Independent Lot 409 Religion and Grassroots Activism Chapter 13 Afterword 448 Religion and the Politics of Identity Acknowledgments 483 Notes 485 Selected Bibliography 593 Index 627
- Author BiographyRobert Wuthnow is the Gerhard R. Andlinger '52 Professor of Social Sciences and director of the Center for the Study of Religion at Princeton University.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.