All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.51
- £19.33Trending at £24.98
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
- £12.58Trending at £18.95
- £14.54Trending at £17.45
- £6.78Trending at £12.99
About this product
- DescriptionBegun in 1926 to connect Chicago to Los Angeles, Route 66 was the country's first major east-west thoroughfare. This title traces the story of The Mother Road from origins to decline, including the roadside attractions and cottage industries it spawned and the efforts to save and restore it.
- Author BiographyDavid Knudson is founder and executive director of The National Historical Route 66 Federation (www.nationalroute66.org), which works to preserve and promote the road. Knudson founded the Federation in 1994 after completing a trip across the country, during which he was unable to locate old section of Route 66. The National Histoic Route 66 Federation is a worldwide, nonprofit organization dedicated to directing the public's attention to the importance of US Highway Route 66 in America's cultural heritage and acquiring the federal, state and private support necessary to preserve the historic landmarks and revitalize he economies of communities along the entire 2400-mile stretch of road. Knudson and the Federation were instrumental in getting Congress to pass the Route 66 Corridor Preservation Act in 1999. Formerly a partner with the Los Angeles-based advertising firm of Walker, Knudson and Campbell, Knudson also serves on the advisory council of the National Park Service's Route 66 Corridor Preservation Program.
- Author(s)David Knudson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/09/2012
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleShire Library USA
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note70 col
- Weight153 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.