Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £11.30Trending at £12.34
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £10.86Trending at £11.41
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
About this product
- Author(s)N. Piers Ludlow
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/04/2016
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleSecurity, Conflict and Cooperation in the Contemporary World
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteX, 278 p.
- Weight503 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction. - 1. The Very British Trajectory of a Pro-European: Roy Jenkins and Europe prior to 1976. - 2. Preparing for Brussels: Priorities, Personalities and Portfolios. - 3. Growing into the Role: the battle to secure G7 representation. - 4. Finding a Sense of Direction: Jenkins and the launch of the European Monetary System. - 5. Reaching out beyond the Community: Enlargement and international representation. - 6. The Search for a New Policy Priority: Commission reform, Direct Elections, Agriculture, and Energy. - 7. The Curse of British Politics: Thatcher, the British Budgetary Dispute, and the Lure of Domestic Politics.
- Author BiographyPiers Ludlow has taught European history at the London School of Economics, UK, since 1998. His research centres on the history of European integration - and on Britain's difficulties with it. Previous books include Dealing With Britain: the Six and the First UK Application to the EEC (1997) and The European Community and the Crises of the 1960s: Negotiating the Gaullist Challenge (2006).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.