Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.15
- £16.49Trending at £16.74
- £8.99Trending at £11.17
- £31.22Trending at £32.33
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £20.99Trending at £24.92
- £22.98Trending at £24.11
About this product
- DescriptionMedia commentators have noted a rising public tolerance to the use of rude or offensive words in modern English. This work explores rudeness in modern English. It argues that rudeness is an important cultural phenomenon. It also includes essays that look at rudeness in: the media; literature; football chants; street culture; and seaside postcards.
- Author BiographyMina Gorji is a Research Fellow at Magdalen College, Oxford University, where her research interests include literary language and eighteenth- and nineteenth-century literature. She is the author of the forthcoming title John Clare and the Nature of Poetry.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/07/2007
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byMina Gorji
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.