CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.26Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionCombining archaeological and historical methods, this is an account of the runaway slaves settlements ( palenques ) that formed in the inaccessible mountain chains of eastern Cuba from 1737 to 1850. The author demonstrates how romanticized the communities have become in historical memory.
- Author BiographyGabino La Rosa Corzo is a researcher at the Center for Anthropological Study at the University of Havana. Translator Mary Todd lives in Havana.
- Author(s)Gabino La Rosa Corzo
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication29/09/2003
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleEnvisioning Cuba
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note19 illustrations, 15 tables, 13 maps, glossary, notes, bibliography, index
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Translated byMary Todd
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.