All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £15.08Trending at £15.66
- £17.29Trending at £28.12
- £23.56Trending at £40.17
- £11.91Trending at £20.08
- £15.17Trending at £24.10
- £8.63Trending at £16.54
- £17.28Trending at £22.32
About this product
- Author(s)Stephen J. Morewitz
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/07/2016
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Notebiography
- Weight608 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Table Of ContentsRunaway Youth at the Time that of Their Disappearance.- Running away from Substitute Care.- Food Insecurity and Related Problems among Homeless and Runaway Youth.- Employment and Other Income Sources of Runaway and Homeless Youth.- School Issues Facing Runaway and Homeless Youth.- Substance Use among Homeless and Runaway Adolescents.- Delinquent/Criminal and Violent Behavior.- Runaway and Homeless Sexual Minorities.- Well-Being and Access to Health Care.- Suicidal Behavior.- Self-Mutilation among Runaway and Homeless Youth.- Sexual Risks.-Pregnancy.- HIV/AIDS Risk Behaviors.- Mortality.- Street Youth in Different Countries.- Police Responses to Runaway and Homeless Youth.- Court Responses to Runaway Offenses and Other Juvenile Status Violations.- Juvenile Detention.- Runaway and Homeless Youth Interventions.- Runaway and Homeless Youth Needs: Legislation and Policy Options.
- Author BiographyDr. Stephen J. Morewitz is President of the consulting firm, STEPHEN J. MOREWITZ, Ph.D., & ASSOCIATES, Buffalo Grove, IL, San Francisco & Tarzana, CA, which was founded in 1988. His firm consults in criminal and civil litigation, curriculum development, and program development. He is a Lecturer in the Department of Nursing and Health Sciences at California State University, East Bay, and is a Lecturer in the Department of Sociology, San Jose State University. Dr. Morewitz has been on the faculty or staffs of Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine and School of Public Health, DePaul University, Argonne National Laboratory, and the California School of Podiatric Medicine. He is founder of the Forensic Social Sciences Association, an interdisciplinary and international association. Dr. Morewitz is the author of 100 publications, including the San Jose State University Faculty Author award-winning book, Kidnapping and Violence: New Research and Clinical Perspectives (New York: Springer, 2016), the San Jose State University Faculty Author award-winning book, Handbook of Forensic Sociology and Psychology (New York: Springer, 2014 (co-edited with Dr. Mark L. Goldstein), Death Threats and Violence. New Research and Clinical Perspectives (New York: Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, 2008), the Society for the Study of Social Problems (SSSP) Crime and Delinquency Division award-winning book, Domestic Violence and Maternal and Child Health (New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers/Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, 2004), the SSSP Crime and Delinquency Division award-winning book, Stalking and Violence. New Patterns of Trauma and Obsession (New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers/Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, 2003), and Sexual Harassment and Social Change in American Society (Bethesda, MD: Austin & Winfield, Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group, 1996). He is past Chair of the SSSP Crime and Delinquency Division and has served on a variety of SSSP committees. He was elected to Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society, and to Pi Gamma Mu, the International Honor Society in Social Sciences. Dr. Morewitz earned his A.B. and M.A. from The College of William & Mary in Virginia and his Ph.D. from The University of Chicago.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.