All listings for this product
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £28.95Trending at £34.50
- £22.69Trending at £30.03
- £23.42Trending at £29.53
- £12.77Trending at £14.13
- £20.77Trending at £30.00
- £12.18Trending at £16.54
- £21.77Trending at £29.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis text provides an in-depth look at the physiological and psychological aspects of running with strategies and tools for maximizing the mental side of performance. Linking the mental with the physical, it can provide runners of all levels with a path to create an enjoyable experience.
- Author BiographyJerry Lynch, PhD, is director of the TaoSports Center for Human Potential in Santa Cruz, California. A sports psychologist for more than 20 years, he has worked with many Olympic, national, and world champion runners. He himself was a U.S. regional and national champion distance runner. Lynch has published six books, including the perennial best sellers Working Out, Working Within, Thinking Body, Dancing Mind: Taosports for Extraordinary Performance in Athletics, Business and Life, which is available in five languages. These books have been used by athletes on the Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons, Cleveland Cavaliers, Houston Oilers, and numerous NCAA Championship teams, as well as by athletic programs worldwide. In addition to writing feature articles and contributing to the Medical & Training Advice column in Runner's World, he conducts and is available for prerace talks and coaching clinics throughout the United States. Lynch resides in Santa Cruz, California, and can be reached at the TaoSports Center by calling 831-466-3031 or e-mailing Taosports@aol.com.Warren Scott, MD, founder and chief of the Division of Sports Medicine at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Santa Clara, California, has over 14 years of experience in treating a wide variety of sport related ailments. Scott has conducted several research projects related to injury prevention and trauma control, has been a competitive runner since 1969, and has competed in hundreds of races and triathlons. He has not only served as a physician on the Ironman Triathlon Championship medical team but also completed the Hawaiian Ironman Triathlon himself in 1992. An accomplished writer, Scott has written articles featured in Runner's World, Triathlon, and Better Homes and Gardens and has written the popular column, Health Watch, in the San Jose Mercury News. He has authored numerous chapters in medical textbooks covering emergency and sports medicine and serves on the science advisory boards for Runner's World and Triathlete Magazine. Scott is a Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine and currently resides in Aptos, California.
- Author(s)Jerry Lynch,Warren Scot,Warren Scott
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/02/1999
- GenreAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note28 black & white halftones
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.