Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.15
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £22.52Trending at £23.11
- £21.48Trending at £23.39
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £31.22Trending at £32.33
- £28.95Trending at £29.73
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- Series TitleMathematics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number283
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight580 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAnant P. Godbole,Stavros G. Papastavridis
- Table Of ContentsPreface. Part 1: Combinatorial Probability. 1. Expressions in Terms of Binomial Coefficients for Some Multivariate Distributions of Order k; D.L. Antzoulakos, A.N. Philippou. 2. Success Runs in a Circular Sequence of Independent Bernoulli Trials; Ch.A. Charalambides. 3. Inversion Techniques and Combinatorial Identities: a Quick Introduction to Hypergeometric Evaluations; W. Chu. 4. The Two-Color Whitworth Problem for Long Cycles or Long Lines; F.K. Hwang. 5. Binomial Distributions of Order k on the Circle; F.S. Marki, A.N. Philippou. 6. Length of the Longest Non-Decreasing Subsequence on Two Symbols; A.O. Pittenger. 7. Exchangeability and Recursion in the Conditional Distribution Theory of Number and Length of Runs; E.F. Schuster. 8. The Longest Run of any Letter in a Randomly Generated Word; K.A. Suman. Part 2: Reliability Theory and Statistics. 9. Applications of Consecutive System Reliability in Selecting Acceptance Sampling Strategies; H-I Ahn, W. Kuo. 10. Exact and Approximate Hypercube Reliabilities; A.P. Godbole, S. Khunger, E. Ososanya. 11. Runs and Patterns with Applications to Reliability; W.S. Griffith. 12. Robust Procedures for Detecting Non-Random Patterns; P.C. O'Brien, M.A. Agin. 13. Reliability of Consecutive Weighted k-out-of n: F System; J-S Wu, R-J Chen. Part 3: Limit Theorems and Approximations. 14. Pattern Recognition in Markov Chains; D. Banjevic. 15. On the Waiting Time of Appearance of Given Patterns; O. Chryssaphinou, S. Papastavridis, T. Tsapelas. 16. Runs and Excursions; A. Foldes. 17. Applications of the Stein-Chen Method to the Theory of Patterns and Runs: an Annotated Bibliography; A.P. Godbole. 18. Runs of Superimposed Poisson Processes; A.P. Godbole, H. Zhang. 19. Circular Overlapping Success Runs; M.V. Koutras, G.K. Papadopoulos, S. Papastavridis. 20. Asymptotic Joint Distribution of Cover Times; T.F. Mori. Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.