Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.25Trending at £10.96
- £26.45Trending at £27.73
- £11.12Trending at £13.95
- £7.44Trending at £8.96
- £10.89Trending at £12.26
- £18.09Trending at £19.16
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- Author(s)Vania A. Ceccato
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/08/2015
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Crime and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note46 black & white illustrations, 27 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones, 43 black & white line drawings
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Table Of ContentsPart 1: Introduction 1. Aim, scope and book structure 2. Crime and safety in rural areas 3. Definitions, theory, and research making Part 2: Trends and patterns of crime 4. Rural-urban crime trends in an international perspective 5. The geography of property and violent crime in Sweden Part 3: Perceived safety in rural areas 6. The nature of perceived safety in rural areas 7. Perceived safety in Swedish rural areas Part 4: Crime in a rural context 8. Farm crimes and environmental and wildlife offences 9. Youth in rural areas 10. Violence against women in rural communities Part 5: Policing and crime prevention in rural Sweden 11. Police, rural policing and community safety 12. Prevention of farm crimes and crimes against nature 13. Crime prevention in rural areas: Youth-related challenges 14. Challenges to preventing women abuse in rural communities Part 6: The difference that rural makes 15. Lessons from rural Sweden and looking ahead.
- Author BiographyVania Ceccato is Associate Professor at Housing and Safety Research Group at Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden. Her current interests are urban and rural crime, transit safety, housing and community safety, gendered violence, crime prevention and spatial analysis.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.