All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA title that is developed through a proven student-tested, faculty-approved approach and with input from focus groups, surveys, and conversations with students and instructors.
- Author BiographyNijole V. Benokraitis, professor of sociology at the University of Baltimore, received a B.A. in sociology and English from Emmanuel College, an M.A. in sociology from the University of Illinois at Urbana, and a doctorate in sociology from the University of Texas at Austin. She has served as both chair and graduate program director of the University of Baltimore's Department of Sociology and has chaired numerous university committees. She has authored, coauthored, edited, or coedited eight books, including CONTEMPORARY ETHNIC FAMILIES IN THE UNITED STATES: CHARACTERISTICS, VARIATIONS, AND DYNAMICS; FEUDS ABOUT FAMILIES: CONSERVATIVE, CENTRIST, LIBERAL, AND FEMINIST PERSPECTIVES; MODERN SEXISM: BLATANT, SUBTLE, AND COVERT DISCRIMINATION; and SEEING OURSELVES: CLASSIC, CONTEMPORARY, AND CROSS-CULTURAL READINGS IN SOCIOLOGY. In addition, she has published numerous articles and book chapters on such topics as institutional racism and discrimination against women in government and higher education.
- Author(s)Nijole V. Benokraitis
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Out-of-print date04/05/2017
- Weight950 g
- Width217 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Contained items statementContains 1 Paperback and 1 Digital online
- Edition Statement3rd edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £22.62Trending at £23.38
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £9.97Trending at £12.03
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £6.20Trending at £6.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.