All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes a deep dive into the use of text within SVG to explore the creative possibilities as well as the potential pitfalls. You'll start with SVG's text basics, and then learn methods for using SVG to generate complex layouts.
- Author BiographyAmelia Bellamy-Royds is a freelance writer specializing in scientific and technical communication. She helps promote web standards and design through participation in online communities such as Web Platform Docs, Stack Exchange and Codepen. Her interest in SVG stems from work in data visualization, and builds upon the programming fundamentals she learned while earning a B.Sc. in bioinformatics. A policy research job for the Canadian Library of Parliament convinced her that she was more interested in discussing the big-picture applications of scientific research than doing the laboratory work herself, leading to graduate studies in journalism. She currently lives in Edmonton, Alberta. If she isn't at a computer, she's probably digging in her vegetable garden or out enjoying live music.Kurt Cagle worked as a member of the SVG Working Group, and wrote one of the first SVG books on the market in 2004. Currently an Invited Expert with the W3C Xforms working group, Kurt Cagle is also XML Data Architect for the Library of Congress, after having worked in that role for the US National Archives. He was a regular contributor to O'Reilly Media since 2003, and an online editor in 2008-2009.
- Author(s)Amelia Bellamy-Royds,Kurt Cagle
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication06/11/2015
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.22
- £9.10Trending at £9.23
- £24.98Trending at £25.48
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £27.75Trending at £48.19
- £10.46Trending at £14.18
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.