All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.24Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £24.02
- £29.50Trending at £30.44
- £18.40Trending at £19.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the concept of sacred and what it means to people in differing cultures. The book attempts to describe the belief systems surrounding such sites and in relating these beliefs and practices to the practical problem of heritage management.
- Author BiographyDavid Carmichael is Assistant Professor in Sociology and Anthropology at the University of Texas at El Paso; Jane Hubert, a social anthropologist, is Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Psychiatry of Disability at St. George's Hospital Medical School, London; Brian Reeves is Professor Emeritus at the University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada; Audhild Schanche is Director of the Council of Saami Cultural Heritage, Norway.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/1997
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Series TitleOne World Archaeology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note74 illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAudhild Schanche,Brian O. K. Reeves,David L. Carmichael,Jane Hubert
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.