All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the city's first two hundred years, the story told at Washington DC's symbolic center, the National Mall, was about triumphant American leaders. Since 1982, when the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was dedicated, the narrative has shifted to emphasize the memory of American wars. This title examines this war memorial boom.
- Author BiographyKristin Ann Hass is Associate Professor of American Culture at the University of Michigan and the author of Carried to the Wall: American Memory and The Vietnam Veterans Memorial (University of California Press, 1998).
- Author(s)Kristin Ann Hass
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication19/04/2013
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note22 b/w photographs, 1 table
- Weight63 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.