All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Carl De Wet,Paul Bowie
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2014
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRadcliffe Publishing Ltd
- Weight878 g
- Table Of ContentsForeword. Preface. About the editors. List of contributors. Acknowledgements. Dedication. Prologue. Part I: Understanding systems. The heart of the matter: a parent's perspective. Improvement strategies and challenges. Safety culture. The wisdom hierarchy. Measuring harm systems thinking. Task analysis. Process mapping. Policies, procedures and protocols. Patient and public involvement - Part 1. Part II: People and improvement. Patient and public involvement - Part 2. Clinician engagement. Professionalism. Peer review. Professional appraisal. Multi-source feedback. General practice management. General practice nursing. Part III: Learning for improvement. Safety skills. Safety checklist for GP training. Practice-based small group learning. Protected learning time. Consultation skills. The power of apology. Part IV: Managing patient safety. Managing human error. Diagnostic error. Medication error. Medicines reconciliation: a case study. Safe results handling. Never events. Part V: Improvement methods. Enhanced significant event analysis. Criterion audit. Care bundles. The plan-do-study-act method. The trigger review method. Measuring safety climate improving out-of-hours care. Care improvement: a personal reflection. Index.
- Author BiographyPAUL BOWIE PhD FRCPE Programme Director for Safety and Improvement NHS Education for Scotland, Glasgow, Scotland, UK and CARL DE WET MBChB DRCOG MRCGP MMed(Fam) General Practitioner Associate Adviser in Postgraduate GP Education NHS Education for Scotland, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £64.15Trending at £78.70
- £25.00Trending at £38.28
- £68.08Trending at £68.81
- £14.52Trending at £18.55
- £17.90Trending at £19.89
- £28.56Trending at £32.24
- £29.31Trending at £31.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.