Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
- £9.74Trending at £10.10
- £7.19Trending at £7.63
About this product
- Description* Unravels the philosophical mysteries behind one of the oldest organized human activities * Brings to life the many applications of philosophy to sailing and the profound lessons it can teach us * A thought-provoking read for sailors and philosophers alike .
- Author BiographyEditor Patrick Goold is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Virginia Wesleyan College. His current research focuses on defining rationality. He is co-editor with Steven Emmanuel of the Blackwell anthology Modern Philosophy from Descartes to Nietzsche. Patrick is passionate about sailing, and, in addition to maintaining a small daysailer and a cruising boat of his own, frequently crews on the boats of others. The bays and sounds of Virginia and North Carolina are his home waters but he has sailed the length of the East Coast of the United States from Hilton Head to Long Island Sound, made a Bermuda crossing, done club racing in Brittany, and cruised in the Lesser Antilles. Series Editor Fritz Allhoff is an Associate Professor in the Philosophy department at Western Michigan University, as well as a senior research fellow at the Australian National University s Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics. In addition to editing the Philosophy for Everyone series, he is also the volume editor or co-editor for several titles, including Wine and Philosophy (Wiley-Blackwell, 2007), Whiskey and Philosophy (with Marcus P. Adams, Wiley, 2009), and Food and Philosophy (with Dave Monroe, Wiley-Blackwell, 2007). His academic research interests engage various facets of applied ethics, ethical theory, and the history and philosophy of science.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/06/2012
- Series TitlePhilosophy for Everyone
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight332 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byPatrick Goold
- Series Edited byFritz Allhoff
- Foreword byJohn Rousmaniere
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.