All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRobin Knox-Johnston said it could be suicidal. The head of the Royal Yachting Association told him not to go. Mike Perham ignored them and in August 2009, at the age of just 17 years, 5 months and 11 days, became the youngest person to have sailed solo around the world. This title tells the story of that amazing voyage, a nine-month odyssey.
- Author BiographyMike Perham was born on 16 March 1992 and started sailing with his father Peter as a six-year-old. At the age of 14, he became the youngest person to sail solo across the Atlantic, a record that remains to this day. In November 2008, he set off on a voyage around the world, and after celebrating his 17th birthday en route, broke the Guinness World Record for single-handed circumnavigation. Mike's next challenge as a fully-fledged adventurer, starting in April 2010, is a 4,000 mile re-enactment of the Bounty boat's miraculous journey from Tonga to Timor. Visit his website at www.challengemike.com
- PrizesShort-listed for British Sports Book Awards: Autobiography 2011.
- Author(s)Mike Perham
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- GenreAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date21/02/2014
- Weight570 g
- Width158 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £29.90
- £9.50Trending at £9.66
- £10.46Trending at £14.43
- £11.21Trending at £12.30
- £10.84Trending at £11.21
- £10.84Trending at £11.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.