Consider these sponsored items
- £4.82Was:£12.99Free postage
- £4.50Was:£12.99Free postage
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £11.20Trending at £12.05
- £4.69Trending at £4.75
- £4.96Trending at £5.58
- £4.69Trending at £7.32
- £4.69Trending at £5.58
- £4.95Trending at £5.99
- £4.90Trending at £7.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe tale of how a little man reached the summit of his profession, and helped other little men along the way. Murphy recalls the men he played for, with and against in the past, airs his views on rugby league in the 1990s, and considers the influence of TV and money on his beloved sport.
- Author(s)Alex Murphy,Peter Wilson
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication17/04/2000
- GenreAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Out-of-print date06/07/2005
- Content Note8pp colour illustrations
- Weight342 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
Most relevant reviews
- grangepark_12328 Sep, 2016by
Verified purchase: Yes
- alans575104 Jun, 2015by
If you love your Rugby League you will love this book.
I absolutely love reading sports autobiographies and when I saw this one on Ebay I just had to have it. Alex Murphy, I think you agree is not everyone's cup of Lancashire tea, but he was entertaining both on and off the field never failing with his elusive running and verbal battling. Peter Wilson has got right into the heart of Rugby League in this book with its tough players and shrewd chairmen and canny managers. This book is a joy to read, filled with lots of northern flavour and gritty anecdotes.
- haworth22 Apr, 2015by
Murphy at his best.
This is a book for the true RL fan.Murphy at his best. No punches pulled.....did he ever??? He tells the game as he saw and played it. Remembering he played along side some of the games all time greats.
- 578552696@delet...10 Feb, 2013by
If you like rugby league, you'll like this book
RUGBY LEAGUE, Any fan would like this book to read, great story from a great legend, A friend told me about a player from the 60s and 70s so i decided i would buy this book and im glad i did.