All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSir Ronald Syme became the first historian of the twentieth century to place Sallust - whom Tacitus called the most brilliant Roman historian - in his social, political, and literary context. This is a foreword of Syme that delivers biographical essays of Sir Ronald Syme in English.
- Author BiographyOne of the most distinguished Roman historians, Sir Ronald Syme (1903-1989) was Camden Professor of Ancient History at Oxford University. His books include Tacitus (1958) and The Roman Revolution (1939). In addition to numerous awards and honors, he collected honorary degrees in eleven countries on five continents. Ronald Mellor is Professor of History at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is the author of several books on Roman history, including The Roman Historians (1999), Tacitus: The Classical Heritage (1995), Tacitus (1993), and From Augustus to Nero: The First Dynasty of Imperial Rome (ed. 1990)
- Author(s)Ronald Syme
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication05/06/2002
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleSather Classical Lectures
- Series Part/Volume Number33
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Foreword byRonald Mellor
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.