All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung children can explore common emotions through these charming stories of dinosaurs, each of whom display feelings such as jealousy, anger and grumpiness.
- Author BiographyBrian Moses lives in the small Sussex village of Crowhurst with his wife Anne, a loopy labrador called Honey and a collection of bad-tempered chickens. He first worked as a teacher but has now been a professional children's poet since 1988. To date he has over 200 books published including volumes of his own poetry such as Holding the Hands of Angels 'Salt' and Behind the Staffroom Door 'Macmillan', anthologies such as The Secret Lives of Teachers and Aliens Stole My Underpants 'both Macmillan', picture books such as Beetle in the Bathroom and Trouble at the Dinosaur Cafe 'both Puffin' and non-fiction titles such as Titanic: Lost & Saved 'Wayland'. Over 1 million copies of Brian's poetry books have now been sold by Macmillan and in 2005 he was nominated for both the CLPE Award and the Spoken Word Award. Brian also visits schools to run writing workshops and perform his own poetry and percussion shows. To date he has visited well over 2500 schools and libraries throughout the UK. He has made several appearances at the Edinburgh Festival, been writer in residence at Castle Cornet on Guernsey, on the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Light Railway and at RAF schools in Cyprus. Recently he has visited several International schools in Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, Spain, France and Ireland. He has performed his poetry at Borders on Second Avenue, New York and in September 2006 he was invited to Iceland to take part in 'Kids in the Marsh' - a festival of children's poetry and song. At the request of Prince Charles he spoke at the Prince's Summer School for Teachers in 2007 at Cambridge University. He is one of ten children's poets invited by then Poet Laureate Andrew Motion to feature on the National Poetry Archive. Favourite book: 'Turtle Diary' by Russell Hoban. Favourite Movie: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Favourite Music: Bob Dylan Mike Gordon is an ever-popular and award-winning cartoonist. He has produced over 500 cards for Hallmark and over 300 picture books for various publishers. His talent has been rewarded with numerous awards inlcuding Berol cartoonist of the year '1988' and runner up for the Trento Fra realto e Follia '1990'. He was also nominated for the Silver Quill Award 'Germany, 1991' and for the Book and Magazine Illustrator of the Year by the National Cartoonists Society '1995'.
- Author(s)Brian Moses
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- GenrePicture Books
- Series TitleDinosaurs Have Feelings, Too
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content NoteFull-colour illustrations
- Weight110 g
- Width191 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mike Gordon
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- £6.12Trending at £6.46
- £2.75Trending at £3.10
- £4.66Trending at £5.02
- £3.85Trending at £4.03
- £5.35Trending at £5.49
- £3.99Trending at £4.06
- £4.45Trending at £4.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.