All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeuchter explores the biblical texts revolving around the figure of Samuel, and considers how the authors utilize him as a symbol to address the cultural memories and contemporary politics of their audiences. Samuel's role as a priest, a prophet, a judge, a warrior, a lawgiver and a kingmaker are examined in light of the origins of ancient Israel.
- Author BiographyMark Leuchter (PhD, University of Toronto, 2003) is associate professor of Religion and director of Jewish Studies at Temple University in Philadelphia. His research focuses on the history and development of the Israelite priesthood, ethno-mythology in ancient Israel, and scribal methods in the production of the Hebrew Bible and early rabbinic literature.
- Author(s)Mark Leuchter
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication21/03/2013
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleBiblical Refigurations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight208 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £64.99Trending at £85.96
- £5.79Trending at £7.05
- £12.99Trending at £22.97
- £32.80Trending at £50.45
- £19.99Trending at £28.05
- £11.99Trending at £12.13
- £11.90Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.