CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £12.49Trending at £14.98
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
About this product
- DescriptionSanteria, also known as Yoruba, Lukumi, or Orisha, was originally brought to the Americas from Africa by enslaved peoples destined for the Caribbean and South America. This book introduces readers to the religion, explores the basic elements, including the Orisha, and answers many questions that Santeria arouses in observers and practitioners.
- Author BiographyMary Ann Clark is both a scholar and practitioner of Santeria. In addition to teaching in the Religious Studies Program at the University of Houston and the School of Human Sciences and Humanities at the University of Houston Clear Lake, she is the coordinator of the Council of Societies for the Study of Religion. She is the author of Where Men are Wives and Mothers Rule: Santeria Ritual Practices and their Gender Implications as well as several articles, book chapters, and book reviews.
- Author(s)Mary Ann Clark
- Date of Publication30/03/2007
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight451 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.