All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first novel in a sweeping historical trilogy, bringing the Old Testament to life.
- Author BiographyMarek Halter was born in Poland, the son of a printer and a Yiddish poet. Narrowly escaping the Warsaw Ghetto during the Second World War, he and his parents spent time in Russia and Uzbekistan before emigrating to France. Once in Paris, he studied pantomime alongside Marcel Marceau before embarking on a career as a painter. In the 1970s, he founded the International Committee for a Negotiated Peace Agreement in the Middle East and played a crucial role in the organization of the first official meetings between the Palestinians and Israelis; a role he continues to this day. Marek Halter speaks ten languages, and is fluent in French, English, German, Russian and Yiddish. He is the author of several internationally acclaimed novels, and is a regular contributor to Die Welt and La Republica. In France, Sarah, Zipporah and most recently Lilah have all been Top Ten Bestsellers.
- Author(s)Marek Halter
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2005
- ImprintBantam Books (Transworld Publishers a division of the Random House Group)
- Out-of-print date05/02/2011
- Weight220 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £4.77Trending at £5.59
- £8.69Trending at £14.92
- £4.73Trending at £4.78
- £4.75Trending at £6.29
- £7.65Trending at £10.03
- £8.08Trending at £8.98
- £4.55Trending at £4.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.