All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.68
- £9.95Trending at £10.13
- £8.74Trending at £8.89
- £10.30Trending at £15.09
About this product
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication25/11/1991
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Width137 mm
- Height222 mm
- Edited byJames S. Leonard,Thadious M. Davis,Thomas Asa Tenney
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments v Introduction: The Controversy over Huckleberry Finn / James S. Leonard and Thomas A. Tenney 1 Huck Finn and the Authorities The Case Against Huck Finn / John H. Wallace 16 The Struggle for Tolerance: Race and Censorship in Huckleberry Finn / Peaches Henry 25 History, Slavery, and Thematic Irony in Huckleberry Finn / Richard K. Barksdale 49 Jim and Huck in the Nineteenth Century The Ending of Huckleberry Finn: Freeing the Free Negro / Charles H. Nilon 62 The Veil Rant in Twain: Degradation and Revelation in Adventures of Huckleberry Finn / Mary Kemp Davis 77 Mark Twain and the Black Challenge / Carmen Subryan 91 Huck, Jim, and American Racial Discourse / David L. Smith 103 Blackface and White Inside Twain's Nigger Jim: The Tragic Face behind the Minstrel Mask / Bernard W. Bell 124
- Author BiographyJames S. Leonard is Professor of English at The Citadel.Thomas TenneyThadious M. Davis is Geraldine R. Segal Professor of American Social Thought and Professor of English at the University of Pennsylvania.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.