Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £18.95Trending at £27.01
- £20.06Trending at £20.39
- £17.75Trending at £25.03
- £13.04Trending at £16.88
- £14.89Trending at £19.96
- £12.18Trending at £17.98
- £8.20Trending at £10.96
About this product
- DescriptionDisco started in obscure underground clubs as a glamour-filled reaction to the plodding, self-indulgent rock music of the late '60s. By exploring diverse strands, such as Eurodisco and roller disco, gay disco, and disco fashions, drugs and clubs, this book attempts to uncover this magical, multi-layered genre in all its shining, strobe-lit glory.
- Author BiographyAlan Jones is a writer, broadcaster and film critic. An international film festival juror, he is the co-organiser of London's FrightFest. Jussi Kantonen hones his minimalist instincts as an architect, struggling to decide between 'less is more' and 'more, more, more'. He swears by vinyl records and still throws the occasional DJ gig in Europe.
- Author(s)Alan Jones,Jussi Kantonen
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Weight300 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.