All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents new insights and the most up-to-date research on Saudi Arabia's social, cultural, economic and political dynamics.
- Author BiographyBernard Haykel is a Professor of Near Eastern Studies at Princeton University, where he teaches and researches the history and politics of Islam and the Arabian Peninsula. He has published Revival and Reform in Islam (2003) and various articles on Islamic law, Salafism and al-Qaeda, among other subjects. Professor Haykel currently directs Princeton's Institute for the Transregional Study of the Contemporary Middle East as well as its Oil, Energy and the Middle East Project. He has received numerous prizes, including a Carnegie Corporation Fellowship and a Guggenheim Fellowship. He appears frequently in print and broadcast media, including PBS, Al-Jazeera, BBC, NPR, and The New York Times. Thomas Hegghammer is a senior research fellow at the Norwegian Defence Research Establishment in Oslo. He has held fellowships at the Institute for Advanced Study at Princeton and at Harvard, Princeton, New York and Stanford universities. His book Jihad in Saudi Arabia (2010) won the silver medal of the Arthur Ross Book Award from the Council of Foreign Relations. He also co-authored Al-Qaida in its Own Words (2008) and The Meccan Rebellion (2011). His many articles, reports and op-eds have appeared in journals and newspapers such as the American Political Science Review, International Security, the International Journal of Middle East Studies, the Times Literary Supplement and The New York Times. Stephane Lacroix is an Associate Professor of Political Science at Sciences Po, Paris and a research fellow at the Centre d'Etudes et de Recherches Internationales. Since 2010, he has also been an associate researcher at the Centre d'Etudes et de Documentation Economiques, Juridiques et Sociales, in Cairo. He is the author of Awakening Islam: The Politics of Religious Dissent in Contemporary Saudi Arabia (2011), named book of the year in 2011 on Foreign Policy's Middle East Channel. He also co-authored Al-Qaida in its Own Words (2008) and The Meccan Rebellion (2011). His articles have appeared in journals such as the Middle East Journal and the International Journal of Middle East Studies.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/01/2015
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note22 b/w illus. 6 tables
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBernard Haykel,Stephane Lecroix,Thomas Hegghammer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £4.68Trending at £4.76
- £29.78Trending at £31.49
- £14.30Trending at £21.05
- £101.82Trending at £120.00
- £10.09Trending at £12.99
- £7.57Trending at £8.50
- £28.88Trending at £30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.