Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.70
- £15.91Trending at £19.98
- £13.01Trending at £20.00
- £2.81Trending at £3.57
- £10.99Trending at £12.98
- £2.50Trending at £4.16
- £4.99Trending at £9.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first comprehensive biography of Ferdinand de Saussure, John E. Joseph restores the full character and history of a man who is considered the founder of modern linguistics and whose ideas have influenced literary theory, philosophy, cultural studies, and virtually every other branch of humanities and the social sciences.
- Author BiographyJohn E. Joseph is Professor of Applied Linguistics and Head of Linguistics and English Language at the University of Edinburgh. His books include Language and Politics (2006), Language and Identity (2004) and, with Nigel Love and Talbot J. Taylor, Landmarks in Linguistic Thought II: The Western Tradition in the Twentieth Century (2001). He is also the editor of Language and Politics: Major Themes in English Studies, 4 Vl (2010) and (with Talbot J. Taylor) of the journal Language & Communication.
- Author(s)John E. Joseph
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- GenreBiography: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1536 g
- Width181 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine50 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.