Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £2.82Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by better_world_books_uk
- Est. delivery by 29 Aug
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSavannah Diaries - Holiday reads and travel literature featuring stories about sub-Saharan Africa and wildlife, conservation, history, national parks and reserves. This book also features big game sanctuaries and safaris, the Big Five, lions, wildlife tracking and protection, page-turning tales about preserving Africa's heritage and wildlife.
- Author BiographyBRIAN JACKMAN is a freelance journalist and author with a lifelong passion for travel and wildlife. For 20 years he worked for The Sunday Times, during which time he was voted Travel Writer of the Year in 1982. In that same year he also won the Wildscreen '82 award for the best commentary script, Osprey, at the first International Wildlife and Television Festival in Bristol. Today his work appears mostly in The Daily Telegraph, BBC Wildlife Magazine, Travel Africa and Conde Nast Traveller, where he is a contributing editor. Although his travels have taken him around the world, he is best known as Britain's foremost writer on African wildlife safaris, and has spent more than three years in total under canvas in the bush. He is also a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, a trustee of the George Adamson Wildlife Preservation Trust and a patron of Tusk Trust. His African books include The Marsh Lions and The Big Cat Diary (both with Jonathan Scott), and Roaring at the Dawn. He also edited My Serengeti Years by Myles Turner, and Battle for the Elephants, by Iain and Oria Douglas-Hamilton. Other books include Touching the Wild, The Countryside in Winter, The Dorset Coast Path, The Great Wood of Caledon (with Hugh Miles), and two bestsellers, We Learned to Ski and The Sunday Times Book of the Countryside. He is married, with one daughter and two grandchildren, and lives in Dorset.
- Author(s)Brian Jackman
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides (Travel Literature)
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.40Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
- £6.50Trending at £8.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.