All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this work, Ingrid Monson juxtaposes musicians' talk and musical examples to ask how musicians go about saying something through music in a way that articulates identity, politics, and race.
- Author BiographyIngrid Monson is assistant professor of music at Washington University.
- PrizesWinner of Sonneck Society for American Music Irving Lowens Prize 1997.
- Author(s)Ingrid Monson
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication06/03/1997
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleChicago Studies in Ethnomusicology
- Series Part/Volume Number1996
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note6 line drawings, 19 musical examples
- Weight370 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed.
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.55
- £13.11Trending at £19.97
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £18.34Trending at £24.00
- £7.00Trending at £8.49
- £4.32Trending at £4.73
- £20.24Trending at £30.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.