All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuguro is an eminent Catholic novelist, respectably married and on the cusp of old age. So when a drunken woman approaches him at an awards ceremony claiming to know him from his regular visits to Tokyo's red-light district, she must surely be mistaken.
- Author BiographySHUSAKU ENDO is widely regarded as one of the greatest Japanese authors of the late twentieth century. Born in 1923, he won many major literary awards and was nominated for the Nobel Prize several times. His novels, which have been translated into twenty-eight languages, include The Sea and Poison, Wonderful Fool, Deep River and Silence. He died in 1996.
- Author(s)Shusaku Endo
- PublisherPeter Owen Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePeter Owen Modern Classics S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeter Owen Publishers
- Weight240 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byVan C. Gessel
- Foreword byDamian Flanagan
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £13.11Trending at £14.99
- £12.71Trending at £13.44
- £6.54Trending at £8.98
- £4.44Trending at £5.18
- £10.96Trending at £11.98
- £4.93Trending at £9.05
- £5.95Trending at £9.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.