All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA dramatic and innovative history of the British public's confrontation with the iniquities of nineteenth-century colonial rule.
- Author BiographyJames Epstein is Distinguished Professor of History, Department of History, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee. His previous publications include In Practice: Studies in the Language and Culture of Popular Politics in Modern Britain (2003) and Radical Expression: Political Language, Ritual, and Symbol in England, 1790-1850 (1994).
- PrizesJoint winner for North American Council on British Studies British Council Prize 2013.
- Author(s)James Epstein
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleCritical Perspectives on Empire
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note9 b/w illus. 3 maps
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £28.33Trending at £31.61
- £33.06Trending at £44.78
- £19.32Trending at £27.39
- £7.51Trending at £9.38
- £25.51Trending at £37.19
- £14.30Trending at £16.54
- £19.20Trending at £29.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.