Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.50Trending at £13.91
- £7.23Trending at £9.67
- £25.45Trending at £26.58
- £26.30Trending at £27.72
- £17.99Trending at £19.54
- £7.47Trending at £8.11
- £8.23Trending at £11.91
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents case studies that focus on the scope and impact of Scandinavian colonial expansion in the North, Africa, Asia and America as well as within Scandinavia itself.
- Author BiographyMagdalena Naum is a postdoctoral research fellow at McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research, University of Cambridge. Her previous and current research focuses on late medieval migration in the Baltic Sea area and 17th c European colonies in Northern America, particularly New England and New Sweden. She is interested in organization of colonial settlements, in perception of America among the settlers and their homemaking practices. Jonas M Nordin is a researcher at the National Historical Museum in Stockholm, Sweden. His research focuses on relationship between early modern globalization, rise of capitalism and colonialism in Sweden. He is also studying the impact of trans-continental expansion and encounters with the New World on artefact collecting and early museums in Sweden.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/02/2013
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleContributions to Global Historical Archaeology
- Series Part/Volume Number37
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 35 colour illustrations, 1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight672 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJonas M. Nordin,Magdalena Naum
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.