All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuburbia. Say the word and a stream of images pass before your eyes: white picket fence, neatly mowed lawns, winding roads nicely lined with trees, pastel tinted bungalows, bored housewives, conspicuous consumption. We all know what the suburbs are about. Or do we? This book looks again at the filmic and televised spaces we think we know so well.
- Author BiographyTimotheus Vermeulen is Assistant Professor in Cultural Studies and Theory at the Radboud University Nijmegen, where he also co-directs the Centre for New Aesthetics.
- Author(s)Timotheus Vermeulen
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication08/04/2014
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note22 b&w illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.73Trending at £5.07
- £6.21Trending at £7.98
- £2.95Trending at £4.61
- £6.25Trending at £8.57
- £9.22Trending at £14.90
- £28.00Trending at £34.18
- £18.68Trending at £27.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.