All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScenes of Clerical Life consists of three short novellas in which the lives of ordinary men and women in a provincial Midlands town are portrayed with tender sympathy and understanding. Eliot brought a new level of literary realism to her tales of Amos Barton, Mr Gilfil, and Janet Dempster in her first published work of fiction.
- Author BiographyEdited by Thomas A. Noble and Josie Billington. Josie Billington is Deputy Director, Centre for Research into Reading, Literature, and Society at the University of Liverpool.
- Author(s)George Eliot
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight276 g
- Width140 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byThomas A. Noble
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.56Trending at £4.80
- £4.66Trending at £4.78
- £4.66Trending at £4.71
- £4.44Trending at £5.81
- £4.77Trending at £4.92
- £4.59Trending at £5.56
- £4.69Trending at £5.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.