All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ideal review for the thousands of college students who enroll in genetics courses.
- Author BiographySusan L. Elrod has degrees in biological sciences from California State University, Chico (B.S., 1986) and genetics from the University of California, Davis (Ph.D., 1995). Graduate work was followed by a postdoctoral fellowship at Novozymes Biotech, Inc., in Davis, California. Her research is focused on the molecular genetics of yeast and filamentous fungal systems, with a particular interest in industrial and environmental applications. She holds three patents and has published in the area of gene cloning and protein expression in Aspergillus oryzae. She has been an assistant professor in the Biological Sciences Department at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, since 1997, where she teaches introductory microbiology, industrial microbiology and biotechnology, molecular genetics, bioinformatics, and the history of biology. William D. Stansfield has degrees in Agriculture (B.S., 1952), Education (M.A., 1960), and Genetics (M.S., 1962; Ph.D., 1963; University of California at Davis). His published research is in immunogenetics, twinning, and mouse genetics. From 1957 to 1959 he was an instructor in high school vocational in agriculture. He was a faculty member of the Biological Sciences Department of California Polytechnic State University from 1963 to 1992 and is now Emeritus Professor. He has written university-level textbooks in evolution and serology/immunology, and has coauthored a dictionary of genetics.
- Author(s)Susan Elrod,William Stansfield
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication11/01/2010
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Weight649 g
- Width208 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement5th edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.22Trending at £32.42
- £24.56Trending at £27.21
- £20.82Trending at £25.20
- £16.56Trending at £25.20
- £14.56Trending at £17.05
- £20.36Trending at £23.13
- £17.28Trending at £22.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.