CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £13.14Trending at £13.81
- £23.20Trending at £23.47
- £14.32Trending at £14.59
- £24.37Trending at £26.23
- £7.40Trending at £8.20
- £22.20Trending at £24.91
- £8.97Trending at £9.74
About this product
- DescriptionDo schools socialize students to become productive workers? Does schooling reproduce social class and pass on ethnic and gender biases? Can a teacher avoid passing on social and cultural values? What besides subjects do students really learn in schools? This book tackles these questions using case studies, dialogs, and open-ended questions.
- Author BiographyWalter Feinberg is Professor of Educational Policy Emeritus at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Jonas F. Soltis is William Heard Kilpatrick Professor Emeritus of Philosophy and Education at Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Author(s)Jonas F. Soltis,Walter Feinberg
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2009
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThinking About Education
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width155 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.