All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA thematic exploration of Schubert's style, applied in readings of his instrumental and vocal literature by international scholars.
- Author BiographyLorraine Byrne Bodley is Senior Lecturer in Musicology at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth. She is the first woman in Ireland to be awarded a DMUS in Musicology (NUI, 2012) and has recently been elected a Member of the Royal Irish Academy. She has published 10 books and is currently writing a new biography of Schubert. Her awards include two DAAD Senior Academic Awards (2010 and 2014), a Gerda-Henkel Foundation Scholarship (2014) and an IRCHSS Scholarship (2001-3). Julian Horton is Professor of Music and Head of Department at the University of Durham. He is author of monographs including Bruckner's Symphonies: Analysis, Reception and Cultural Politics (2004) and editor of The Cambridge Companion to the Symphony (2013). In 2012, he was awarded the Westrup Prize of the Music and Letters Trust and in 2014, he was elected President of the Society for Music Analysis.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 b/w illus. 18 tables 187 music examples
- Weight1090 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byDr Lorraine Byrne Bodley,Julian Horton
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.55Trending at £4.72
- £5.99Trending at £6.97
- £5.81Trending at £7.99
- £4.42Trending at £6.38
- £4.58Trending at £5.96
- £2.99Trending at £5.99
- £24.68Trending at £35.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.