All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.97
- £8.21Trending at £10.48
- £10.97Trending at £12.38
- £16.82Trending at £23.99
- £14.49Trending at £19.95
- £8.84Trending at £12.95
- £7.75Trending at £7.96
About this product
- DescriptionModern science and its technology are the children of the seventeenth-century. Shedding fresh light on topics such as Euclid's geometry, Aristotelian physics and the proto-Darwinism of pre-Socratic thinkers like Empedocles, this work addresses the fascinating differences and similarities between ancient and modern conceptions of 'science'.
- Author BiographyPhilippa Lang is Assistant Professor of Classics at Emory University, and the author of A Dream of Healing: Medicine in Ptolomaic Egypt (2011).
- Author(s)Philippa Lang
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleAncients and Moderns
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10-20 bw integrated illustrations, 1 map
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.