All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
About this product
- DescriptionMuseums have been recognized as important institutions of western cultural and social life. This volume explores a range of contemporary museums in Europe and Africa. The case studies examine the different ways in which various actors involved in cultural production dramatize and ritualize such sites.
- Author BiographyMary Bouquet teaches Cultural Anthropology and Museum Studies at Utrecht University College. Her recent publications include Academic Anthropology and the Museum, Berghahn Books (2001). Nuno Porto is Lecturer at the Department of Anthropology, University of Coimbra, where he teaches museology, material culture, and the history of anthropology.
- PublisherBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleNew Directions in Anthropology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 23
- Place of PublicationHerndon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Edited byMary Bouquet,Nuno Porto
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.