All listings for this product
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £83.98Trending at £105.33
- £7.98Trending at £12.93
- £4.51Trending at £5.44
- £14.55Trending at £16.39
- £7.30Trending at £8.95
- £23.51Trending at £30.00
- £16.86Trending at £18.47
About this product
- DescriptionBehind today's headlines stands an unobtrusive army of science advisors-panels of scientific, medical, and engineering experts evaluate the safety of the food we eat, the drugs we take, and the cars we drive. This book studies, theoretically and empirically, the social process through which the credibility of expert advice is produced, challenged, and sustained.
- Author BiographyStephen Hilgartner is Assistant Professor in the Department of Science and Technology Studies at Cornell University.
- Author(s)Stephen Hilgartner
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2000
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleWriting Science
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.