Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £9.53Trending at £9.90
- £15.76Trending at £19.95
- £12.01Trending at £17.34
- £10.66Trending at £13.47
- £3.59Trending at £5.49
- £12.58Trending at £15.90
- £9.52Trending at £11.38
About this product
- DescriptionScilly Birding is a humorous account of the passion, joys, highs and lows experienced by a dedicated bird enthusiast in his pursuit of an experience with rare birds on the Isles of Scilly.
- Author BiographySimon Davey was born in Kent and educated at the King's School, Ely and Selwyn College, Cambridge. Natural history was his passion from his earliest days. After teaching biology and chemistry, he entered the museums profession as a biologist. For many years, he was Keeper of Biology at the Hampshire County Museum Service, as well as curator of the Red House Museum in Christchurch. In 1988, he became an independent consultant ecologist, specialising in botanical surveys and leading natural history holidays to various parts of the world. This also allowed him time to follow his love for birds and travel the length and breadth of Britain in pursuit of them.
- Author(s)Simon Davey
- PublisherBrambleby Books
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationHarpenden
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBrambleby Books
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Width128 mm
- Height196 mm
Most relevant reviews
- p.h.wit194403 Aug, 2014by
An account of twitching on the Scillies
Anyone who twitches and is keen on rare birds, will enjoy reading this book whether on the Scilly Isles or elsewhere. A good read and well written.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.